Reasoning Quiz 24/12/2015

#everydayquiz #9Q  #explanation given
Directions (1-5): These questions are based on the following five statements. For each question, two conclusions numbered I and II are given. You have to take the given statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decided which of the given conclusions logically and definitely follows from the given statements disregarding commonly known facts. Give answer 

(1) If only conclusion I follows.
(2) If only conclusion II follows.
(3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows
(4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows
(5) If both conclusions I and II follow.


Statements for (1-3): 
All fathers are brothers.
Some daughters are not brothers.
Some mothers are daughters.
All sisters are brothers.
No father is a mother.

1. Conclusion 
I. Some daughters if they are brothers are necessarily not mothers.
II. Some mothers are not sisters.

2. Conclusion 
I. All brothers if they are mothers are also necessarily fathers.
II. Some brothers that are not mothers are also not sisters.

3. Conclusion 
I. Some daughters are not fathers.
II. Some daughters that are not sisters can be mothers.

Statements for (4-5): 
All employees are owners.
No owner is a wager.
Some employees are not managers.
All managers are gatekeepers.
Some wagers are managers.

4. Conclusion 
I. Some managers who are not wagers are employees.
II. Some wagers if th ey are not gatekeepers are also not employees.

5. Conclusion 
I. Some gatekeepers are not wagers.
II. Some gatekeepers that are wagers are not owners.

Directions (6-8): In the following questions, the symbol @, ©, $, % and # are used with the following m-e-aning as illustrated below:

‘A$B’ means ‘A is not Smaller than B’
‘A#B’ means ‘A is not greater than B’
‘A@B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor equal to B’
‘A©B’ means ‘A is neither smaller than nor greater than B’
‘A%B’ means ‘A is neither greater than nor equal to B’

Now in each of the following questions assuming the given statement to be true, find which of the three conclusions I, II and III given below them is/are definitely true and give your answer accordingly.

6. Statements: 
H % J
J © N
N @ R

Conclusions: 
I. R % J 
II. H @ J
III. N @ H

(1) only II is true .
(2) only I and III are true
(3) only I is true
(4) only III is true
(5) None of these

7. Statement: 
M @ J
J $ T
T © N

Conclusion: 
I. N # J
II. T % M
III. M @ N

(1) only I and II are true
(2) only II and III are true
(3) only I and III are true
(4) None is true
(5) All are true

8. Statement: 
D © K
K # F
F @ P

Conclusion: 
I. P @ D
II. K # P
III. F $ D

(1) only II is true
(2) only I and II are true
(3) only III is true
(4) only II and III are true
(5) None of these

9. An excerpt from economic survey report – “Sector-wise contribution in the GDP has seen a paradigm shift in the Indian economy. The contribution of agriculture has been decreasing, while still it remains the single largest employment provider.”

Based on the above fact, it has been suggested that people should shift from agriculture to other sector, as it is no longer beneficial in terms of contribution in the GDP.

Which of the following statements would hold the above mentioned suggestion that people should shift from agriculture to other sectors in order to get benefit?
1) In 1951-52, the contribution of agriculture in the GDP of India was more than 55% but now it is reduced to approximately 15%.
2) Now-a-days people have become habitual with processed food which can be imported.
3) Agriculture is the largest employment provider and apart from food materials it also facilitates many other industrial activities.
4) Crop productivity in India is very low as compared to China, USA and Brazil.
5) None of these



ANSWERS
For (1-3):

1. (4)
2. (4)
3. (4)

For (4-5):

4. (2)
5. (2)

Solutions (6-8):
$ - ³ 
# - £
@ - >
© - =
% - <

6. (2): 
Statement: H < J = N > R
Conclusions I. R < J (true)
II. H > J (false)
III. N > H (true)

7. (5): 
Statement: M > J ≥ T = N
Conclusions I. N ≤ J (true)
II. T < M (true)
III. M > N (true)

8. (3): 
Statement: D = K ≤ F > P
Conclusion I. P > D (false)
II. K < P (false)
III. F ≥ D (true)

9. (3)



#SSC #IBPS #SBI #RBI #NABARD #NICL #NIACL #CAT #NMAT #everydayquiz

No comments:

Post a Comment