ACTIVE PASSIVE VOICE AND DIRECT INDIRECT SPEECH SET-3

#everydayquiz #ssc #english
Our task had been completed before sunset.
(A) We completed our task before sunset.
(B) We have completed our task before sunset.
(C) We complete our task before sunset.
(D) We had completed our task before sunset.


D

The boy laughed at the beggar
(A) The beggar was laughed by the boy.
(B) The beggar was being laughed by the
boy.
(C) The beggar was being laughed at by the
boy.
(D) The beggar was laughed at by the boy.
D

The government has launched a massive tribal welfare programme in Jharkhand.
(A) A massive tribal welfare programme is launched by the government in Jharkhand.
(B) A massive tribal welfare programme has been launched by the government in Jharkhand.
(C) Jharkhand government has launched a massive tribal welfare programme.
(D) The government in Jharkhand has launched a massive tribal welfare 
programme.B

The boys were playing cricket.
(A) Cricket had been played by the boys.
(B) Cricket has been played by the boys.
(C) Cricket was played by the boys.
(D) Cricket was being played by the boys.
D


They drew a circle in the morning.
(A) A circle was being drawn by them in the morning.
(B) A circle was drawn by them in the morning.
(C) In the morning a circle have been drawn by them.
(D) A circle has been drawing since morning.
B


They will demolish the entire block.
(A) The entire block is being demolished.
(B) The block may be demolished entirely.
(C) The entire block will have to be demolished by them.
(D) The entire block will be demolished by them.
D


The burglar destroyed several items in the room.
(A) Several items destroyed in the room by the burglar.
(B) Several items in the room were destroyed by the burglar.
(C) Several items in the room have been torn by the burglar.
(D) The burglar, being destroyed several items in the room.
B


We must respect the elders.
(A) The elders deserve respect from us
(B) The elders must be respected
(C) The elders must be respected by us
(D) Respect the elders we must
B

We have warned you.
(A) You have been warned
(B) We have you warned
(C) Warned you have been
(D) Have you been warned
A

Has anybody answered your question ?
(A) Your question has been answered ?
(B) Any body has answered your question?
(C) Has your question been answered ?
(D) Have you answered your question ?
C

The shopkeeper lowered the prices.
(A) The prices lowered the shopkeeper
(B) The prices were lowered by the shopkeeper
(C) Down went the prices
(D) The shopkeeper got down the prices

B


One must keep one’s promises.
(A) One’s promises are kept
(B) One’s promises must kept
(C) One’s promises were kepi
(D) Promises must be kept
D


The government has not approved the new drug for sale.
(A) The government approval for the sale of the new drug has not been given
(B) The new drug has not been approved for sale by the government
(C) For the sale of the new drug we have not been given the approval
(D) The new drug was not approved by the government
B

They have published all the details of the invention.
(A) All the details of the invention have been published by them
(B) The publication of the details of invention was done by them
(C) All the details have been invented by the publishers
(D) All the inventions have been detailed by them
A


He teaches us grammar.
(A) Grammar was taught to us by him
(B) We are taught grammar by him
(C) Grammar will be taught to us by him
(D) We were teached grammar by him
B

The manager could not accept the union leader’s proposals.
(A) The union leader’s proposals could not be accepted by the manager
(B) The union leader’s proposal, were not accepted by the manager
(C) The union leader’s proposals will not be accepted by the manager
(D) The union leader’s proposals would not be accepted by the manager
A


Prepare yourself for the worst.
(A) You be prepared for the worst
(B) The worst should be prepared by yourself
(C) Be prepared for the worst
(D) For the worst, preparation should be made by you
C

Shut the door and go to sleep.
(A) The door is to be shut and you are to go to sleep
(B) Let the door be shut and you be asleep
(C) You are requested to shut the door and go to sleep
(D) The door is to be shut and you are requested to sleepC

It is impossible to do this.
(A) Doing this is impossible
(B) This is impossible to be done
(C) This must not be done
(D) This can’t be done
B


We must take care of all living species on Earth.
(A) All living species on Earth are taken care of by us.
(B) All living species on Earth must be taken care of by us.
(C) All living species on Earth had been taken care of by us.
(D) All living species on Earth will be taken care of bv us.
B


INDIRECT DIRECT SPEECH

Kiran asked me, “Did you see the cricket match on television last night ?”
(A) Kiran asked me whether 1 saw the cricket match on television the earlier night
(B) Kiran asked me whether I had seen me cricket match on television the earlier night
(C) Kiran asked me did I see the cricket 
match on television last night
(D) Kiran asked me whether I had seen the cricket match on television last nightD


David said to Anna, “Mona will leave for her native place tomorrow."
(A) David told Anna that Mona will leave for her native place tomorrow
(B) David told Anna that Mona left for her native place the next day
(C) David told to Anna that Mona would be leaving for her native place tomorrow
(D) David told Anna that Mona would leave for her native place the next day
D

I said to him, “Why are you working so hard?”
(A) I asked him why he was working so hard
(B) I asked him why was he working so hard
(C) I asked him why he had been working so hard
(D) I asked him why had he been working so hard
A


He said to her, “What a cold day !”
(A) He told her that it was a cold day
(B) He exclaimed that it was a cold day
(C) He exclaimed sorrowfully that it was a cold day
(D) He exclaimed that it was a very cold day
D

The tailor said to him, “Will you have the suit ready by tomorrow evening ?”
(A) The tailor asked him that he will have the suit ready by the next evening
(B) The tailor asked him that he would had the suit ready by the next evening
(C) The tailor asked him if he would have the suit ready by the next evening
(D) The tailor asked him if he will like to have the suit ready by the next evening

C


He said to the interviewer, “Could you please repeat the question ?”
(A) He requested the interviewer if he could please repeat the question
(B) He requested the interviewer to please repeat the question
(C) He requested the interviewer to repeat the question
(D) He requested the interviewer if he could repeat the question
C

He said, “Be quiet and listen to my words.”
(A) He urged them to be quiet and listen to his words
(B) He urged them and said be quiet and listen to words
(C) He said they should be quiet and listen to his words
(D) He said you should be quiet and listen to my words
A

He said to me, “I have often told you not to play with fire.”
(A) He said that he has often been telling me not to play with fire
(B) He told me that he had often told me not to play with fire
(C) He reminded me that he often said to me not to play with fire
(D) He said to me that he often told me not to play with fire.
B

The Captain said to his men, “Stand at ease.”
(A) The Captain urged his men to stand at ease
(B) The Captain wanted his men to stand at ease
(C) The Captain told his men that they should stand at ease
(D) The Captain commanded his men to stand at ease
D

Pawan said to me, “If I hear any news, I’ll phone you.”
(A) Pawan told me that if he heard any news, he will phone me
(B) Pawan told me that if he will hear any news, he will phone me
(C) Pawan told me if he had heard any news, he would phone me
(D) Pawan told me that if he heard any news he would phone me

D


The teacher said to Mahesh, “Congratulations ! Wish you success in life.”
(A) The teacher congratulated Mahesh and said wish you success in life
(B) The teacher wished congratulations and success in life to Mahesh
(C) The teacher said congratulations to Mahesh and wished him success in life
(D) The teacher congratulated Mahesh and wished him success in life

D


The poor examinee said, “0 God, take pity on me.”
(A) The poor examinee prayed God to take pity on him
(B) The poor examinee invoking God, implored him to take pity on him
(C) The poor examinee exclaimed that God take pity on him
(D) The poor examine asked God to take
pity on him
B


“Where will you be tomorrow,” I said, “in case I have to ring you?”
(A) I asked where you will be the next day in case I will ring him
(B) I asked where he would be the next day in case I had to ring him
(C) I said to him where he will be in case I have to ring him
(D) I enquired about his whereabouts the next day in case I would have to ring up

B

Seeta said to me “Can you give me your pen?”
(A) Seeta asked me can I give her my pen
(B) Seeta asked me if I can give me your pen
(C) Seeta asked me if I could give her my pen
(D) Seeta asked me if I gave her my pen

C


The father warned his son that he should
be beware of him.
(A) The father warned his son, “Beware of him !”
(B) The father warned his son, “Watch that chap !”
(C) The father warned his son. “Be careful about him.”
(D) The father warned his son, “Don’t fall into the trap.”
A


Manna asked Rohan, “Have you sat in a trolley bus before?”
(A) Manna asked Rohan whether he had sat in a trolley bus earlier.
(B) Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a trolley bus before.
(C) Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.
(D) Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat in a trolley bus

A


Farhan asked Geeta, “Could you lend me a hundred rupees until tomorrow ?”
(A) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until tomorrow
(B) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend him a hundred rupees until the next day
(C) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could lend me a hundred rupees until the next day
(D) Farhan asked whether Geeta could lend me a hundred rupees until the next day

B


“What about going for a swim,” he said, “It’s quite fine now.”
(A) He asked me what about going for a swim as it was quite fine then
(B) He proposed going for a swim as it was quite fine
(C)He suggested going for a swim as it was quite fine
(D) He advised me to go for a swim as it was quite fine

A









































2 comments: