important Direct-indirect speech active passive voice set-9

#PARAJUMBLE #DIRECT-INDIRECT SPEECH #ACTIVE-PASSIVE VOICE
#PQRS
6. 1. Can any one
P. falsehood triumph
Q. and let
R. for a long time
S. suppress truth
6. permanently ?
(A) RQSP

(B) QPRS
(D) PRQS
(C) SRQP 

c


7. 1. And then word
P. came from inside
Q. meet the released civilians
R. that after all
S. the press could
6. but fleetingly
 

(A) RSQP 
(B) SRPQ
(C) PRSQ
(D) RPQS


C







9. 1. In paliopathology
P. would be to obtain
Q. the fundamental objective
R. background information
S. as much
6. on the skeleton as possible.

(A) PRQS
(C) QPSR
(B) RPSQ
(D) SRQP
  



C






10. 1. Generally speaking, me or
worked out usually in such cases
purpose of publicity some.
P. for me by those who have invited
Q. follow programmes that have been
R. who offer themselves as guides and
S. the journeys that I undertake for the
6. I find the things I have to do weari
(A) RPQS 
(C) QRPS
(B) SQPR
(D) PRSQ


B






11. 1. George is a very good dancer.

P. who always tries new dance steps
Q. while the rest of the class is struggling
R. which are demonstrated,

S. and masters them quickly
6. he shows off.
(A) RPQS
(C) QRPS
(B) SQPR
(D) PRSQ
 


D






13. 1. After an entire generation of parents
and teachers
P. the level of depression
Q. children’s self-esteem, an indicator of
good mental health,
R. has worked hard to improve its
S. in young people has skyrocketed.
6. It is how we feel about ourselves.
(A) PQRS (B) QSRP
(C) RQSP (D) SPRQ








C





14. The Bermuda Triangle is an area
P. of many unexplained disappearances,
Q. the three points of the triangle being
Miami,
R. famous for being the supposed site
S. of the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of
Florida and
6. Bermuda, and San Juan in Puerto
Rico.
(A) PQRS (B) SRPO
(C) QSRP (D) RPQS






D








15. 1. Most of the people acquire
P. which makes them hesitant
Q. their ancestral culture and
R. to accept new ideas and theories of
S. tradition without questioning them,
6. the changing world
(A) SPRQ (B) QRSP
(C) QSPR (D) PQRS






C





16. 1. Local industries often
P. protest the high salaries
Q. that this will unreasonably raise
R. arguing vehemently
S. offered by multinational firms
6. all wages to an excessive level.
(A) RQPS (B) PSRQ
(C) SRQP (D) PRSQ






B






17. 1. Although fruits can no longer grow
once picked,
P. taking in oxygen and
Q. they continue to respire for sometime,
R. giving off carbon dioxide,
S. just as human beings do
6. when they breathe.
(A) QPRS (B) SQPR

(C) RPQS (D) PRSQ



A










18. 1. The multi sourcing of
P. financial mess with
Q. coins led to a
R. using their own mix of
S. different mints
6. metals and alloys.

(A) QPSR (B) PSRQ
(C) RPQS (D) SQRP






A






19. 1. It may seem odd
P. one should only read
Q. but people read for such a
R. to have to insist that
S. because one liked it
6. variety of reasons.
(A) QPSR (B) RSPQ
(C) SPRQ (D) RPSQ




D






20. 1. Efforts should be made to stimulate exports.
P. We have another source of foreign exchange.
Q. But people are reluctant to part with
it.
R. it mean the huge quantities of hoarded
gold.
S. It is necessary to increase our foreign
exchange reserves.
6. If they are willing, gold can be sold
abroad.
(A) PRSQ (B) SPRQ
(C) SRPQ (D) PSRQ




B









21. 1. The vegetable bin of my refrigerator
contained an assortment of weird -
looking items.
P. The carrots dropped into U shapes as
I picked them up with the tips of my
fingers.
Q. To the right of the oranges was a bunch
of carrots that had begun to sprout
points, spikes and tendrils.
R. Near the carrots was a net bag of onions.
S. Next to a shriveled, white-coated lemon
were two oranges covered with blue
fuzz.
6. Each onion had sent curling shoots
through the net until the whole thing
resembled a mass of green spaghetti.
(A) SQPR (B) QSRP
(C) PRSQ (D) RSQP


A










22. 1. There was no proper light system on
the highway.
P. In addition, clouds were gathering in
the sky.
Q. The night was darker than usual

R. Then suddenly, the wind dropped.
S. The atmosphere now was very stuffy.
6. The moon also hid behind the clouds
and it made the night gloomier.
(A) QRPS (B) RPQS
(C) QPRS (D) SPRQ



C









23. 1. AIDS is a disease caused by a virus called
HIV.
P. This results in the victims' inability to
defend themselves from any infections
leading to death.
Q. This disease destroys part of the body’s
immune system.
R. AIDS patients are carriers of the virus.
S. People who are infected develop AIDS
within five to ten years.
6. And they are infected for years without knowing it and transmit the disease to others.
(A) QPSR (B) PSQR
(C) RSQP (D) SRPQ



A









24. 1. Helen Keller has an ageless quality
about her in keeping with her amazing
life story.
P. Although warmed by this human reaction, she has no wish to be set aside
from the rest of mankind.
Q. She is an inspiration to both blind and
who can see everywhere.
R. When she visited Japan after World
War II, boys & girls from remote villages ran to her, crying, “Helen Keller”.
S. Blind, deaf & mute from early childhood, she rose above her the best
known characters in the modern world.
6. She believes the blind should live and
work with their fellows, with full responsibility.
(A) QPSR (B) PQSR
(C) RSQP (D) SQRP


D














25. 1. India led the battle of freedom against
imperialism.
P. That technique brought us success.
Q. We therefore championed the cause of
other countries.
R. We fought it with a special technique.
S. We are happy that they achieved freedom.
6. But some countries are still slaves.
(A) QSRP (B) SRPQ
(C) RPQS (D) RSQP

C


#voice

31.Our task had been completed before sunset.(A) We completed our task before sunset.
(B) We have completed our task before sunset.
(C) We complete our task before sunset.
(D) We had completed our task before sunset.




D


32.The boy laughed at the beggar(A) The beggar was laughed by the boy.
(B) The beggar was being laughed by the
boy.
(C) The beggar was being laughed at by the
boy.
(D) The beggar was laughed at by the boy.


D






33. The government has launched a massive
tribal welfare programme in Jharkhand.
(A) A massive tribal welfare programme is
launched by the government in
Jharkhand.
(B) A massive tribal welfare programme has
been launched by the government in
Jharkhand.
(C) Jharkhand government has launched a
massive tribal welfare programme.
(D) The government in Jharkhand has
launched a massive tribal welfare

programme.




B



34. The boys were playing cricket.(A) Cricket had been played by the boys.
(B) Cricket has been played by the boys.
(C) Cricket was played by the boys.
(D) Cricket was being played by the boys.



D




35.They drew a circle in the morning.(A) A circle was being drawn by them in
the morning.
(B) A circle was drawn by them in the
morning.
(C) In the morning a circle have been
drawn by them.
(D) A circle has been drawing since morning.



B



36.They will demolish the entire block.(A) The entire block is being demolished.
(B) The block may be demolished entirely.
(C) The entire block will have to be demolished by them.
(D) The entire block will be demolished by
them.



D


37.The burglar destroyed several items in
the room.
(A) Several items destroyed in the room by
the burglar.
(B) Several items in the room were destroyed by the burglar.
(C) Several items in the room have been
torn by the burglar.
(D) The burglar, being destroyed several
items in the room.


B





38.We must respect the elders.(A) The elders deserve respect from us
(B) The elders must be respected
(C) The elders must be respected by us
(D) Respect the elders we must



B





39.We have warned you.(A) You have been warned
(B) We have you warned
(C) Warned you have been
(D) Have you been warned



A



40. Has anybody answered your question ?(A) Your question has been answered ?
(B) Any body has answered your question?
(C) Has your question been answered ?
(D) Have you answered your question ?



C



41.The shopkeeper lowered the prices.(A) The prices lowered the shopkeeper
(B) The prices were lowered by the shopkeeper
(C) Down went the prices
(D) The shopkeeper got down the prices



B






42.One must keep one’s promises.
(A) One’s promises are kept
(B) One’s promises must kept
(C) One’s promises were kepi
(D) Promises must be kept



D



43. The government has not approved the
new drug for sale.
(A) The government approval for the sale of
the new drug has not been given
(B) The new drug has not been approved
for sale by the government
(C) For the sale of the new drug we have
not been given the approval
(D) The new drug was not approved by the
government

B








44.They have published all the details of the
invention.
(A) All the details of the invention have been
published by them
(B) The publication of the details of invention was done by them
(C) All the details have been invented by the
publishers
(D) All the inventions have been detailed by
them



A




45.He teaches us grammar.(A) Grammar was taught to us by him
(B) We are taught grammar by him
(C) Grammar will be taught to us by him
(D) We were teached grammar by him



B



46.The manager could not accept the union
leader’s proposals.
(A) The union leader’s proposals could not
be accepted by the manager
(B) The union leader’s proposal, were not
accepted by the manager
(C) The union leader’s proposals will not be
accepted by the manager
(D) The union leader’s proposals would not
be accepted by the manager



A







47.Prepare yourself for the worst.(A) You be prepared for the worst
(B) The worst should be prepared by yourself
(C) Be prepared for the worst
(D) For the worst, preparation should be
made by you


C




48. Shut the door and go to sleep.(A) The door is to be shut and you are to go
to sleep
(B) Let the door be shut and you be asleep
(C) You are requested to shut the door and
go to sleep
(D) The door is to be shut and you are requested to sleep




C




49.It is impossible to do this.(A) Doing this is impossible
(B) This is impossible to be done
(C) This must not be done
(D) This can’t be done


B



50.We must take care of all living species
on Earth.
(A) All living species on Earth are taken care
of by us.
(B) All living species on Earth must be taken
care of by us.
(C) All living species on Earth had been
taken care of by us.
(D) All living species on Earth will be taken
care of bv us.




B


#speech

71.Kiran asked me, “Did you see the cricket
match on television last night ?”
(A) Kiran asked me whether 1 saw the
cricket match on television the earlier
night
(B) Kiran asked me whether I had seen
me cricket match on television the earlier night
(C) Kiran asked me did I see the cricket

match on television last night
(D) Kiran asked me whether
I
had seen the
cricket match on television last night

D






72.David said to Anna, “Mona will leave for
her native place tomorrow."
(A) David told Anna that Mona will leave
for her native place tomorrow
(B) David told Anna that Mona left for her
native place the next day
(C) David told to Anna that Mona would
be leaving for her native place tomorrow
(D) David told Anna that Mona would leave
for her native place the next day



D





73.I said to him, “Why are you working so
hard?”
(A) I asked him why he was working so
hard
(B) I asked him why was he working so
hard
(C) I asked him why he had been working
so hard
(D) I asked him why had he been working
so hard



A







74.He said to her, “What a cold day !”(A) He told her that it was a cold day
(B) He exclaimed that it was a cold day
(C) He exclaimed sorrowfully that it was a
cold day
(D) He exclaimed that it was a very cold
day


D






75.The tailor said to him, “Will you have the
suit ready by tomorrow evening ?”
(A) The tailor asked him that he will have
the suit ready by the next evening
(B) The tailor asked him that he would had
the suit ready by the next evening
(C) The tailor asked him if he would have
the suit ready by the next evening
(D) The tailor asked him if he will like to
have the suit ready by the next evening

C









76.He said to the interviewer, “Could you
please repeat the question ?”
(A) He requested the interviewer if he could
please repeat the question
(B) He requested the interviewer to please
repeat the question
(C) He requested the interviewer to repeat
the question
(D) He requested the interviewer if he could
repeat the question



C



77. He said, “Be quiet and listen to my
words.”
(A) He urged them to be quiet and listen to
his words
(B) He urged them and said be quiet and
listen to words
(C) He said they should be quiet and listen
to his words
(D) He said you should be quiet and listen
to my words


A








78.He said to me, “I have often told you not
to play with fire.”
(A) He said that he has often been telling
me not to play with fire
(B) He told me that he had often told me
not to play with fire
(C) He reminded me that he often said to
me not to play with fire
(D) He said to me that he often told me not
to play with fire.





B


79.The Captain said to his men, “Stand at
ease.”
(A) The Captain urged his men to stand at
ease
(B) The Captain wanted his men to stand
at ease
(C) The Captain told his men that they
should stand at ease
(D) The Captain commanded his men to
stand at ease


D








80. Pawan said to me, “If I hear any news,
I’ll phone you.”
(A) Pawan told me that if he heard any
news, he will phone me
(B) Pawan told me that if he will hear any
news, he will phone me
(C) Pawan told me if he had heard any
news, he would phone me
(D) Pawan told me that if he heard any
news he would phone me


D






81. The teacher said to Mahesh, “Congratulations ! Wish you success in life.”(A) The teacher congratulated Mahesh and
said wish you success in life
(B) The teacher wished congratulations
and success in life to Mahesh
(C) The teacher said congratulations to
Mahesh and wished him success in life
(D) The teacher congratulated Mahesh and
wished him success in life


D






82.The poor examinee said, “0 God, take pity
on me.”
(A) The poor examinee prayed God to take
pity on him
(B) The poor examinee invoking God, implored him to take pity on him
(C) The poor examinee exclaimed that God
take pity on him
(D) The poor examine asked God to tak
 
pity on him


B





83. “Where will you be tomorrow,” I said, “in
case I have to ring you?”
(A) I asked where you will be the next day
in case I will ring him
(B) I asked where he would be the next
day in case I had to ring him
(C) I said to him where he will be in case I
have to ring him
(D) I enquired about his whereabouts the
next day in case I would have to ring
up

B








84. Seeta said to me “Can you give me your
pen?”
(A) Seeta asked me can I give her my pen
(B) Seeta asked me if I can give me your
pen
(C) Seeta asked me if I could give her my
pen
(D) Seeta asked me if I gave her my pen


C




85.The father warned his son that he should
be beware of him.
(A) The father warned his son, “Beware of
him !”
(B) The father warned his son, “Watch that
chap !”
(C) The father warned his son. “Be careful
about him.”
(D) The father warned his son, “Don’t fall
into the trap.”


A



86.Manna asked Rohan, “Have you sat in a
trolley bus before?”
(A) Manna asked Rohan whether he had
sat in a trolley bus earlier.
(B) Manna asked Rohan had he sat in a
trolley bus before.
(C) Manna asked Rohan if he sat on a trolley bus before.
(D) Manna asked Rohan if he has ever sat
in a trolley bus


A




87.Farhan asked Geeta, “Could you lend me
a hundred rupees until tomorrow ?”
(A) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could
lend him a hundred rupees until tomorrow
(B) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could
lend him a hundred rupees until the
next day
(C) Farhan asked Geeta whether she could
lend me a hundred rupees until the
next day
(D) Farhan asked whether Geeta could
lend me a hundred rupees until the
next day

B








88.“What about going for a swim,” he said,
“It’s quite fine now.”(A) He asked me what about going for a
swim as it was quite fine then
(B) He proposed going for a swim as it was
quite fine
(C)He suggested going for a swim as it was
quite fine
(D) He advised me to go for a swim as it
was quite fine


A


89.“You can’t bathe in this sea,” he said to
me, “it’s very rough.”
(A) He said that I can’t bathe in this sea
because it’s very rough
(B) He said that you couldn’t bathe in that
sea if it was very rough
(C) He said that I couldn’t bathe in that
sea as it was very rough
(D) He said that you can’t bathe in this
sea since it was very rough



C


90.Jagdish said, “We passed by beautiful lake
when we went on a trip to Goa.”
(A) jagdish said that they passed by a beautiful lake when they had gone on a trip
to Goa
(B) Jagdish said that they had passed by a
beautiful lake when they went on a trip
to Goa
(C) Jagdish said that they had passed by a
beautiful lake when they had gone on
a trip to Goa
(D) Jagdish said they passed by a beautiful lake when they went on a trip to
Goa


D





91.He said to me, “I expect you to attend
the function.”
(A) He told me that he had expected me to
attend the function
(B) He told me that he expected me to attended the function
(C) He told me that he expected me to have
attended the function
(D) He told me that he expected me to attend the function




D


92.He said, “Why didn’t you send your application to me ?”(A) He inquired why I had not sent my application to him
(B) He inquired why I did not send my application to him
(C) He inquired why had I not sent my application to him
(D) He inquired why did I not send my application to him




A


93.Dinesh asked, “Are you going to the,
party tomorrow, Eliza ?”

(A) Dinesh asked whether Eliza was going
to the party the next day
(B) Dinesh asked Eliza whether you are going to the party the next day
(C) Dinesh asked Eliza whether she was
going to the party the next day
(D) Dinesh asked Eliza are you going to
the party tomorrow


C




94.John asked, “How long will it take to
travel from Germany to South Africa ?”
(A) John asked how long it will take to
travel from Germany to South Africa
(B) John asked how long would it take to
travel from Germany to South Africa
(C) John asked how long it would take to
travel from Germany to South Africa
(D) John was asking how long must it take
to travel from Germany to South Africa


C



95.“ What did you see at the South Pole ?”
Ashok asked Anil.
(A) Ashok asked Anil if he sav anyihir (he
South Pole
(B) Ashok asked Anil what he had seen at
the South Pole
(C) Ashok asked Anil what did he see at
the South Pole
(D) Ashok asked Anil that he saw anything
at the South Pole

B

No comments:

Post a Comment