important Direct-indirect speech active passive voice set-8

#PARAJUMBLE #DIRECT-INDIRECT SPEECH #ACTIVE-PASSIVE VOICE
#PQRS

71. 1. Take a small glass phial.
P. Close the jar tightly with a plastic cover.
Q. Place this phial inside a glass jar.
R Fill it with coloured water.
S. Then stopper it tightly.
6. Make a hole in the cover,
(A) PSRQ (B) QSPR
(C) RSQP (D) SRQP






C




72. 1. In China, there is no man in the moon.
P. They are exchanged between friends
while children receive toy pagodas
made of clay.
Q. These cakes are circular to symbolise
the full moon.
R Instead, there is a toad in the moon as
well as moon rabbits and a goddess.
S. All these appear as decorations on
moon cakes, baked to celebrate the
moon's birthday in September.
6. The birthday marks the end of the harvest when debts are meant to be
settled.
(A) RQPS (B) RPQS
(C) RSQP (D) RPSQ


C









73. 1. An observation home is called a
formicarium.
P. Then, if a small ant hills is dug up carefully, you will find the hump-backed
queen.
Q. You will probably discover that you have
some of the strange ant guests too.
R It can be made of two panes of glass separated by strips of wood around the edges.
S. Put her in a jar with some of her workers, larvae and cocoons.
6. Carefully place them all in the
formicarium.
(A) RPQS (B) PQSR
(C) PSQR (D) RPSQ




EVEN I MARKED D..BUT ANS GIVEN AS A







74. 1. When Ali Baba returned he called his wife.
P. She said to him, "Have you stolen them?"
Q. He said, "I have bought you some jewels".
R. She said, "Our days of misery are now
at an end."
S. He said, "Be quiet and do not frighten
yourself'.
6. He said, "go to your brothers' house and
get a measure".
(A) QSRP (B) SRPQ
(C) PSRQ (D) QPSR
 







D



75. 1. The head of the family returned home
from office.
P. Wife told that there was no coffee powder.
Q. Wife again told that there was no milk either.
R Husband wanted at least a cup of tea.
S. He wanted a cup of coffee.
6. Husband told finally that a glass of
water was enough,
(A) SQRP (B) SPRQ
(C) QSRP (D) RPSQ





B


76. 1. When he was quite young, Le Corbusier
became interested in art.
P. At the age of nineteen, he travelled
around Europe.
Q. But the buildings which impressed him
most were those of the ancient Greeks
in Athens.
R. At the age of thirteen, he went to an art
school.
S. Everywhere he went he admired the
magnificent buildings of the past.
6. After his visit to Athens Le Corbusier
decided to become an architect.
(A) RPSQ (B) PSRQ
(C) RQPS (D) QPSR



A

77. 1. I was in the awe of Einstein and hesitated before approaching him about
some ideas I had been working on.
P. I entered his office and found him
seated at a table, calculating and smoking his pipe.
Q. When I finally knocked on his door, a
gentle voice said, 'come'.
R. The single word was both a welcome
and a question.
S. Dressed in ill fitting clothes, his hair
characteristically awry, he smiled a
warm welcome.
6. His utter naturalness at once set me at ease.
(A) QPRS (B) QRPS
(C) PQRS (D) SRQP




B








78.
1. Nothing comes out of nothing.
P. We have to work and then alone we cangain something.
 Q. It is honest and conscientious labour
alone that produces result.
R. Millions have been struck with the lure
of lottery to utter despondency.
S. A person who thinks that luck would
favour him with all the wants of his life
without his lifting his finger even is living in a fool's paradise.
6. A painstaking man who adopts honest toil
as his way of life makes the most of it.
(A) PQRS (B) PSRQ
(C) QPRS (D) RSPQ



C






79. 1. Guru is a university professor.
P. It was about strange beings called
KUNUS who live in holes in the ground
Q. The book is very popular now.
R. Thirty years ago he wrote a strange
novel called "Queen of the Mars".
S. He is also a famous writer.
6. In a recent interview on television Prof.
Guru talked about the novel.
(A) PRSQ (B) QPRS
(C) SRPQ (D) RQSP




C




80. 1. It was nine 0' clock in the evening and
Rajan was reading.
P. At first he thought nothing of it.
Q. The walls were a moving mass of big ants.
R. Suddenly, he heard faint noises.
S. When he went to his bedroom later,
however, he was shocked by what he
saw.
6. They covered everything - the bookcase,
the shelves, the chest of drawers.
(A) PSRQ (B) SRPQ
(C) RPSQ (D) QSRP


C









81
1. There was a boy named Pappu.
 P. So the mother asked him to find work.
Q. They were very poor.
R. He lived with his mother.
S. But Pappu refused to work.
6. At last she turned him out of the house.
(A) PSQR (B) RQPS
(C) RSPQ (D) QPRS




B








82.
1. I am a simple man.
P. That year the winter came early.
 Q. So I love the earth, the fresh air. the
animals, and the wind and the sky.
R. I was born in a village and never left it.
S. One evening I visited my cousin,Karl.
6. He wanted me to go with him and shoot
ducks in the fields.
(A) RQPS (B) QPSR
(C) RPQS (D) SQRP



A



83. 1. One day Guru Nanak went to a small village.
P. So he went to a small house and
knocked at the door.
Q. It was late in the evening.
R A man opened the door.
S. He was hungry and tired.
6. Guru Nanak said to him, "I am a traveller."
(A) PQRS (B) QRSP
(C) PQSR (D) QSPR



D




84. 1. Rani never went out to play until she
finished her homework.
P. After she had got out of her room, she
followed Rani to the playground.
Q. So, when she finished her homework,
she went out to play

R. As they were greatly interested in the
game, they kept on playing for a long
time.
S. When Uma saw her go, she stopped
writing and got up.
6. When they saw the sunset, they
stopped playing and started back.
(A) QSPR (B) PRQS
(C) PSRQ (D) QPSR




D





85. 1. Gandhi lived the life of an ascetic
P. even in the midst of winter
Q. eating the simplest fruits of the earth
R in the open air
S. sleeping on a plank
6. and cared nothing for his personal appearance.
(A) SPQR (B) QSRP
(C) PQRS (D) PRSQ





B


86. 1. One of the most widely spread of bad habits
P. which is now smoked or chewed by men
Q. and even by children
R. often by women
S. is the use of tobacco
6. almost all over the world.
(A) SPRQ (B) PQRS
(C) SRQP (D) PQSR



A



87. 1. The landscape
P. with Nature displaying
Q. here is awesome
R. that are seldom
S. a range of delights
6. seen together.
(A) PSRQ (B) QPSR
(C) RSPQ (D) QRSP



B



88. 1. Smoke billowed up between the plants.
P. Passengers were told to be ready to quit
the ship.
Q. The rising gale fanned the smouldering fire.
R. Everyone now knew there was a fire on
board.
S. Flames broke out here and there.
6. Most people bore the shock bravely.
(A) SRQP (B) QPSR
(C) RSPQ (D) QSRP




D




89. 1. It is far better to live for a short while
P. contribution to the world
Q. and make some significant
R. that is just idled away
S. than spend a long life
6. in gossiping and playing.
(A) RQSP (B) SQPR
(C) QPSR (D) RQPS




C





90. 1. The salmon fish pushed themselves
P. to return to their spawning grounds
Q. and fertilized them

R but once they lay their eggs
S. to their limits
6. they died.
(A) SQPR (B) RSQP
(C) SPRQ (D) RPSQ


C


#VOICE

156. Suresh was nominated by my friend for
the post.
(A) My friend nominates Suresh for
the post.
(B) My friend is nominating Suresh for
the post.
(C) My friend nominated Suresh for
the post.
(D) My friend has nominated Suresh for
the post.


C








157. The task would have been completed by
that time tomorrow.
Someone/Some people ...
(A) would have completed the task by
that time tomorrow.
(B) will have completed the task by that
time tomorrow.
(C) will complete the task by that time
tomorrow.
(D) will be completing the task by that
time tomorrow.


A





158. The growing population problem will
be discussed at the conference.
They/Some people ...
(A) will discuss the growing population
problem at the conference.
(B) discuss the growing population at
the conference.
(C) discusses the growing population at
the conference.
(D) discussed the growing population at
the conference.



A





159. They are being bitten by mosquitoes all over.
(A) Mosquitoes have bit them all over.
(B) Mosquitoes are bitten them all over.
(C) Mosquitoes are biting them all over.
(D) Mosquitoes had bit them all over.





C




160. The people regarded him as an impostor
and called him a villain.
(A) He was regarded as an impostor
and was called a villain.
(B) He was regarded as an impostor and
is called a villain.
(C) He was regarded as an impostor and
had been called a villain.
(D) He is regarded as an impostor and
was called a villain




A






161. Ayurveda makes wide use of ginger to
treat a host of disorders.
(A) A host of disorders are made use of in
Ayurveda with regard to ginger.
(B) Wide use of ginger is made in
Ayurveda to treat a host of disorders.
(C) Wide use of ginger has been made in
Ayurveda to treat a host of disorders.
(D) Ginger is being widely used to treat a
host of disorders in Ayurveda.



B




162. Why did he deprive you of your membership?
(A) Why was your membership deprived of
you by him?
(B) Why were you deprived of your
membership by him?
(C) Why are you deprived of your membership?
(D) Why he deprived you of your membership?


B






163. He gently tapped me on my shoulder.
(A) My shoulder had been gently tapped
by him.
(B) Gently was my shoulder being tapped
by him.
(C) I was gently tapped on my shoulder
by him.
(D) It was my shoulder that was gently
tapped by him.



C





164. Why should they punish the innocent ?
(A) Why the innocent should be punished
by them ?
(B) Why should the innocent be punished
by them ?
(C) Why should they be punished by the
innocent ?
(D) Why they should be punished by the
innocent ?






B


165. Music should be taught in every school.
(A) They should be taught music in every school.
(B) They should teach music in every school.
(C) They should be teaching music in
every school.
(D) They should teach every school of music.






B




166. Somebody introduced me to Dr. Martin
yesterday.
(A) I was introduced to Dr. Martin
yesterday.
(B) Dr. Martin was introduced by me
yesterday.
(C) Yesterday Dr. Martin was introduced
by somebody.
(D) Somebody was introduced to Dr.
Martin yesterday




A



167. Where was the fooball match being played?
(A) Wheretheywereplayingthefootball match?
(B) Where were theyplayingthe football match?
(C) Where are they playing the football match?
(D) Where they are playing the football match?




B




168. Though foreigners praised Rabindranath's
Gitanjali, Indian critics ignored it in the
beginning.
(A) Though Rabindranath's Gitanjali was
praised by foreigners, it has been ignored
by Indian critics in the beginning.
(B) Though Rabindranath's Gitanjali was
praised by foreigners, it was ignored
by Indian critics in the beginning.
(C) Though Rabindranath's Gitanjali
is praised by foreigners, it was ignored
by Indian critics in the beginning.
(D) Though Rabindranath's Gitanjali was
praised by foreigners, it had been ignored
by Indian critics in the beginning.



B





169. The security guards had blocked every exit.
(A) Every exit was blocked by the security' guards.
(B) Every exit was being blocked by the
security guards.
(C) Every exit had been blocked by
the security guards.
(D) Every exit has been blocked by the
security guards.




C




170. He neither questions nor understands them.
(A) They are neither questioned nor
understood by him.
(B) They are neither questioned nor have
been understood by him.
(C) They were neither questioned nor
understood by him.
(D) They are neither questioned or
understood by him.




A






171. They say Ravi Verma has painted this picture.
(A) It is said that the picture has
been painted by Ravi Verma.
(B) It is being said that the picture has
been painted by Ravi Verma.
(C) It will be said that the picture has
been painted by Ravi Verma.
(D) It is said that the picture had been
painted by Ravi Verma




D







172. All of them know the results of the
assembly elections.
(A) The results of the assembly
elections were known to all of them.
(B) The results of the assembly elections
are known to all of them.
(C) The results of the assembly elections
are being known to all of them.
(D) The results of the assembly elections
have been known to all of them.




B





173. People believed that witches communicated
with the devil.
(A) It was believed that witches
communicated with the devil.
(B) That witches communicated with
the devil has been widely believed.
(C) That witches communicated with
the devil is being believed.
(D) It was believed that the witches have
communicated with the devil.


A









174. I shall never forget your kindness.
(A) Your kindness will never be forgotten.
(B) Your kindness should never be
forgotten.
(C) Your kindness shall not be forgotten.
(D) Your kindness is never forgotten.



A





175. He made the children work hard.
(A) The children were made work hard.
(B) The children were made to work hard.
(C) The children made him work hard.
(D) He was made to work hard by the
children




B





#SPEECH

176. "I lost my pen yesterday," he said,
(A)He said that he had lost his pen the
previous day.
(B) He said that he loses his pen
the previous day.
(C) He said that he was lost his pen the
previous day.
(D) He said that he lost his pen the
previous day



A







177. "Can you lend me your pen ?".. she said to me.
(A) She asked me if I could lend her my pen.
(B) She asked whether she could lend
me your pen.
(C) She asked whether I can lend her my pen.
(D) She asked to me if I can lend her my pen.


A






178. The peon said, "Where shall I put the bag?"
(A) The peon asked where should he put
bag.
(B) The peon wondered where he would
put the bag.
(C) The peon asked where would he put the
bag.
(D) The peon wanted to know where he
should put the bag.

D






179. "I wish I had something to eat," said Ravi.
(A) Ravi said that he wished he had
something to eat.
(B) Ravi said that he wished that he had
something to eat.
(C) Ravi said that he had something to eat.
(D) Ravi wished to have something to eat.




A





180. The General said to the soldiers, "Bravo!
you fought bravely."
(A) The General exclaimed with praise
that the soldiers had fought bravely.
(B) The General praised the soldiers as
they fought bravely.
(C) The General applauded the soldiers
saying that they had fought bravely.
(D) The General told the soldiers that
they had fought bravely.



C





181. "Are you being attended to, Sir ?" said
the shop assistant.
(A) The shop assistant asked the
customer if he was being attended to.
(B) The shop assistant asked me whether
you are being attended to.
(C) The shop assistant asked me whether
I am being attended to.
(D) The shop assistant said that if he was
being attended to.


A






182. The nurse said to the patient, "Stay in bed."
(A) The nurse advised the patient to stay in bed.
(B) The nurse told the patient to be
staying in bed.
(C) The nurse had asked the patient to
stay in bed.
(D) The patient was asked by the nurse
to stay in bed






A





183. "Do you want to insure your luggage or
no ?" he asked.
(A) He asked if you wanted to insure
your luggage.
(B) He asked whether I wanted to insure
my luggage or not.
(C) He asked whether I want to insure
my luggage or not.
(D) He asked in case I wanted to insure
my luggage.



B







184. King Midas to the stranger : "There is
nothing in the world that I like better
than gold."
(A) King Midas told the stranger that
there was nothing in the world that
he liked better than gold.
(B) King Midas told the stranger that there
was nothing in the world better than gold.
(C) King Midas told the stranger that he
liked nothing in the world and gold.
(D) King Midas told the stranger that he
liked nothing like the world and gold.



A



185. "I have many beautiful flowers," he said,,
"but the children are the most beautiful
flowers of all."
(A) He said that he had many beautiful
flowers but not the children who were
the most beautiful flowers of all.
(B) He declared that he had many
beautiful flowers, but the children
were the most beautiful flowers of all.
(C) He said that he had more beautiful
flowers than the children, who were
the most beautiful flowers of all.
(D) He said that he had more beautiful
children than flowers.



B





186. "You are a fool," he said, "and I am your
boss!"
(A) He exclaimed that he was the boss of a fool.
(B) He said that he was a fool and
exclaimed that he was his boss.
(C) He was the boss of a fool he said.
(D) He wondered that he was the boss of a fool.





B


187. My mother confessed with regret that
she had squandered all her money.
(A) My mother said, "Alas! I have
squandered all my money."
(B) My mother said, "I have been very
foolish to squander all my money."
(C) My mother said, "How stupid of me
that I have squandered all my money."
(D) My mother said, "I am a fool to
squander all my money





A


188. He demanded of me why I had insulted
his brother.
(A) He inquired of me, "Why had I insulted
his brother ?"
(B) He said to me, "Did you insult my
brother ?"
(C) He asked me, "Why had you insulted
my brother ?"
(D) He said to me, "Why did you insult
my brother ?"




D





189. He told me that he had never seen such
a lazy boy as I was.
(A) He told to me, "I have never seen
such a lazy boy as I was."
(B) He told to me, "I have never seen
such a lazy boy as you are."
(C) He said to me, "I have never seen
such a lazy boy as you are."
(D) He said to me, "I had never seen such
a lazy boy as you are."

C









190. "I needn't tell you how grateful I am," he said.
(A) He said that he need not tell him how
grateful he is.
(B) He said that he needn't tell him how
grateful he was.
(C) He said that I needn't tell you how
grateful he was.
(D) He said that he need not tell me how
grateful was he to me.




B




191. The officer said to him, "If you are late
again, I shall dismiss you."
(A) The officer asked him if he was
late again he should dismiss him.
(B) The officer threatened to dismiss him
if he was late again-.
(C) The officer told him that if he was late
again, he shall dismiss him.
(D) The officer informed him that if he is
late again, he would dismiss him.



B





192. "Let's light a fire and cook our sausages,"
said the children.
(A) The children requested to light a fire
to cook our sausages.
(B) The children asked to light a fire to
cook the sausages.
(C) The children suggested to light a fire
and cook the sausages.
(D) The children said that the sausages
are to be cooked on a fire




C








193. "Need I eat it all mummy ?" said the
child. "Yes dear, you must," she said.
(A) The child asked his mother whether
he must eat it all and the mother
replied that he must.
(B) The child asked his mother whether
it is necessary to eat it all up. The
mother said yes.
(C) The child asked his mother if he had
to eat it all up. The mother replied
that he had to eat it all up.
(D) The child asked his mother if he has to
eat it all and the mother replied yes.




A



194. "Rain rain go away, little boy wants to play."
(A) He requested the rain to go away as
he wanted to play.
(B) The little boy asked the rain to go
away as he wanted to play.
(C) The little boy requested the rain to go
away as he wanted to play.
(D) He asked the rain to go away as he
wanted to play.




194.0B




195. "The facts, Mr. Sharma, the facts!"
Mohan cut in.
(A) Mohan interrupted Mr. Sharma's
speech and forcefully drew his
attention to the facts of the matter
under conversation.
(B) Mohan loudly snubbed Mr. Sharma
and charged him that the latter
ignored the facts of the case.
(C) Mr. Sharma's speech was cut short
by Mohan who asked him to look into
the facts of the case.
(D) Mohan bluntly asked Mr. Sharma not
to ignore the facts of the case.





A




196. Mohan said, "I want to become a doctor."
(A) Mohan told that I want to become
a doctor.
(B) Mohan said that he wanted to become
a doctor.
(C) Mohan wished that he should become
a doctor.
(D) Mohan remarked that he had wanted
to become a doctor






B



197. "Sita," said Ravi, "is one of the best
dancers we have ever seen."
(A) Ravi said that Sita was one of the
best dancers they had ever seen.
(B) Ravi told Sita that she was one of the
best dancers they had ever seen.
(C) Ravi said that Sita is one of the best
dancers we had ever seen.
(D) Sita said that Ravi was one of the
best dancers they had ever seen.


A






198. "How happy we are here!" they cried.
(A) They said how happy they were.
(B) They said they were how happy there.
(C) They exclaimed that how happy they
were there.
(D) They exclaimed that they were very
happy there.




D






199. "Were you very busy yesterday ?" he said.
(A) He asked him whether he had been
very busy the previous day.
(B) He asked him whether he would be
busy the previous day.
(C) He asked him whether he should
be busy the previous day.
(D) He asked him whether he is very busy
the previous day.




A






200. "Have you ever seen Taj Mahal ?" he
said.
(A) He said that had he ever seen
Tajmahal.
(B) He asked him whether he had ever
seen Tajmahal.
(C) He asked him whether he has ever
seen Tajmahal.
(D) He asked him whether he ever seen
Tajmahal




B

#SSC #IBPS #SBI #RBI #NABARD #NICL #NIACL #CAT #NMAT #everydayquiz

1 comment: