important Direct-indirect speech active passive voice set-10

 #PARAJUMBLE #DIRECT-INDIRECT SPEECH #ACTIVE-PASSIVE VOICE


51. 1. The strength of the electronic industry
P. is the Japanese ability
Q. rather than their achievement
R. to organize production and marketing
S. in Japan
6. in original research,
(A) P S Q R (B) Q P S R
(C) S P R Q (D) P R Q S




C


52. 1. AIDS is a serious disease.
P. It spreads through sexual contact,
sharing of needles and from an infected
mother to foetus.
Q. HIV attacks the immune system which
is a vital system in our body helping to
fight disease causing germs.
R. It is caused by a virus by name HIV.
S. HIV infection leads to AIDS after a few
years.
6. AIDS should be treated with care and
kindness.
(A) R S P Q (B) R P S Q
(C) P R Q S (D) R P Q S



B





53. I. Our country is so poor,
P. that we can only afford
Q. modern military training are so costly
R. to double our army
S. and the techniques of
6. by giving compulsory military training
to all men students.
(A) S Q P R (B) Q P S R
(C) R S Q P (D) P S RQ


A



54. 1. Sulekha was ten months old.
P. Some part of her brain was damaged.
Q. She fell off the cot.
R. It made her mentally retarded.
S. She fell on her head.
6. That was why she was called Bholi.
(A) S P Q R (B) P S Q R
(C) Q S P R (D) P R S Q





C






55. 1. Icy winds
P. four degrees
Q. lashed Srinagar
R. with minimum temperature registering
S. which was already in the grip of
gruelling cold wave condition
6. below normal.
(A) R P Q S (B) P S Q R
(C) Q S R P (D) S R P Q



C







56. 1. Mahatma Gandhi was right
P. the manufacture and sale
Q. except as medicine
R. when he said that
S. of alcohol,
6. should be absolutely forbidden.
(A) Q S R P (B) P S Q R
(C) R P S Q (D) Q R S P



C





57. 1. a prospective employer is seldom
P. for the job
Q. as interested in
R. as he is in his
S. an applicant’s need
6. own need for filling it.
(A) S P R Q (B) Q S P R
(C) Q R S P (D) P Q S R



B


58. 1. Whatever he said at the Committee
meeting
P. and in no way represented
Q. the views of the organisation
R. were his personal views
S. on the subject
6. that the claimed to have represented.
(A) R S P Q (B) S P Q R

(C) Q R S P (D) P Q R S 




A




59. 

1. Instead of felling hurt and nursing a
grudge
P. to talk it over with him
Q. and to remove doubts and misgivings
R. it is better
S. against your friend,
6. that might have affected the relationship
(A) S R P Q (B) R P Q S
(C) QSRP (D) PQSR



A




60. 1. Joe Gubbins who
P. was reclining
Q. with movable wheels
R. in a white bed
S. hails from London
6. in a local hospital.
(A) S P R Q (B) Q R S P
(C) P R Q S (D) R S P Q




A



61. 1. Our dog Zalda has the habit of roaming
freely in the nighbourhood.
P. On one occasion we couldn’t find her
despite searching for her for a long
time.
Q. Then we asked our neighbour about it.
R. Usually, when we cannot find her close
by we take our mini truck and go in
search of her.
S. We find her in a few minutes, usually.
6. ‘Isn’t that your dog ?’ he said pointing
to the dog in out truck.
(A) Q S P R (B) P R Q S
(C) R S P Q (D) R P S Q



C




62. 1. The President should above all be a true
secularist with a it proven record of
opposing and exposing the fake secular
ism which has only debilitated the
nation.
P. Everyone has the right to profess,
practice and propagate his faith.
Q. True secularism is a combination of
two allied principles R. Secularism is
the essence of the Hindu religion.
S. Unlike other denominational religions
it has no fixed dogma, clergy or scripture.
6. The Hindu way of life holds this country
together and weakening it is to destroy
national solidarity.
(A) P S R Q (B) S R Q P
(C) P R Q S (D) P Q R S



D






63. 1. One single bomb
P. had killed as many, wounded as many,
Q. laden to capacity with bombs,
R. striking at a city ten times
S. as a mass raid of 279 huge aircrafts
6. as populous.
(A) P S Q R (B) P Q R S
(C) P R S Q (D) P S R Q






A




64. 1. While I was thus musing.
P. on which I discovered a person
Q. but who was in reality
R. I east my eyes towards the summit of a
rock not far from me
S. who was in the dress of a shepherd,
6. a being of superior nature,
(A) S Q P R (B) Q P R S
(C) P R S Q (D) RPSQ



D



65. 1. Shylock,
P. was a money lender.
Q. by lending money at great interest
R. the Jew of Venice,
S. who amassed an immense fortune
6. the Christian merchants,
(A) R P Q S (B) R P S Q
(C) P R S Q (D) SPRQ



B



66. 1. Early warning against natural disasters
P. is an area
Q. can be cost effective
R. particularly tropical cyclones
S. where weather forecasts
6. if precautionary measures are initiated
in time.
(A) P S R Q (B) S P Q R
(C) R P S Q (D) Q R S P



C


67. 1. After the emergency was over,
P. to finish the pending work
Q. the Minister went straight
R. to his office
S. and to sign
6. important official papers and documents.
(A) P S Q R (B) S Q R P

(C) Q R P S (D) R P S Q


C


68. 

1. The postman delivered large packet to
Ramesh.
P. He took it to his brother.
Q. Ramesh eagerly opened it.
R. He did not know how to operate it.
S. He found an electric train set.
6. His brother helped him to operate the
train set.
(A) R S P Q (B) P S R Q
(C) QSRP (D) PKSQ





C






69. 1. The Great Wall of China
P. built by man
Q. the one structure
R. is said to be
S. on Earth
6. which is visible to the observers from
space,
(A) R Q P S (B) P Q R S
(C) P S Q R (D) R P S Q



A



70. 1. once my friend was dusting the rooms.
P. She flushed her eye with water for 5
minutes.
Q. I told her not to rub her eye forcefully
like that.
R. She started to tub her eye forcefully
with her linger.
S. A dust particle fell into her eye.
6. At last after some struggle the particle
was washed off.
(A) P S Q R (B) Q P S R
(C) S R Q P (D) R Q P S


C



#VOICE



101. They are considering your proposal.
(A) Your proposal was considered by them.
(B) Your proposal is considered by them.
(C) Your proposal is being considered by them.
(D) Your proposal was being considered by
them.


C











102. Two hundred people were arrested by the
police.
(A) The police had arrested two hundred
people.
(B) The police has arrested two hundred
people.
(C) The police have arrested two hundred
people.
(D) The police arrested two hundred people.





D



103. The storm damaged the roof.
(A) The roof was damaged by the storm.
(B) The roof would be damaged by the storm.
(C) The roof is damaged by the storm,
(D) The roof was damage by the storm.






A




104. People speak English all over the world.
(A) English has been spoken all over the
world.
(B) English is spoken all over the world.
(C) English was spoken all over the world.
(D) English have been spoken all over the
world.





B








105. Your little boy broke my kitchen window
this morning.
(A) My kitchen window is broken by your
little child this morning.
(B) My kitchen window was being broken
by your little child this morning.
(C) My kitchen window was broken by your
little boy this morning.
(D) My kitchen window had been broken by
your little child this morning.



C













106. The criminal has to obey the court.
(A) The court must be obeyed.
(B) The court will be obeyed.
(C) The court has to be obeyed by the
criminal.
(D) The court will have to be obeyed by the
criminal




C













107. The Metro Rail is being constructed by the
Corporation.
(A) The Corporation has constructed the
Metro Rail.
(B) The Corporation was constructing the
Metro Rail.
(C) The Corporation has been constructing
the Metro Rail.
(D) The Corporation is constructing the
Metro Rail.








D




108. All the letters were posted by them.
(A) They were posting all the letter’s.
(B) They posted all the letters.
(C) They have posted all the letters.
(D) They had posted all the letters.









B



109. The CEO’s son was kidnapped.
(A) Someone is going to kidnap the CEO’s
son.
(B) Someone is kidnapping the CEO’s son.
(C) Someone kidnapped the CEO’s son.
(D) Someone has kidnapped the CEO’s son.






C




110. My books have been stolen.
(A) Someone have stolen my books.
(B) They stole my books.
(C) Someone has stolen my books.
(D) Someone stole my books.







C







111. My parents are advising me about my
further studies.
(A) I was advised about my further studies
by my parents.
(B) I had been advised about my further
studies by my parents.
(C) I am being advised by my parents, about
my further studies.
(D) I am advised by my parents about my
further studies.




C








112. We waste much time on social websites.
(A) Much time is wasted by us on social
websites.
(B) Much time is being wasted by us on
social websites.
(C) Much time was wasted on social
websites.
(D) Much time will be wasted on social
websites.






A





113. A great deal of harm is Caused to the
environment by us.
(A) We cause a great deal of harm to the
environment.
(B) The environment is being caused a
great deal of harm by us.
(C) We have caused a great deal of barm to
the environment.
(D) The environment causes a great deal
of harm to us





A








114. Who wrote this article ?
(A) Who was written this article ?
(B) By whom was this article written ?
(C) Whom was this article written?
(D) By whom this article was written ?




B






115. The house has been pai nted yellow by Nikil.
(A) Nikil was painting yellow the house.
(B) Nikil has been painting yellow the
house.
(C) Nikil had painted the house yellow.
(D) Nikil has painted the house yellow.




D







116. The news surprised me.
(A) The news was surprised by me.
(B) The news was a big surprise.
(C) I am surprised by the news.
(D) I was surprised by the news.





D







117. I will have completed the task by tomorrow.
(A) The task would be completed by me by
tomorrow.
(B) By tomorrow the task would have been
completed by me.
(C) The task will be completed by me by
tomorrow.
(D) By tomorrow the task will have been
completed by me.








D



118. They are painting the walls.
(A) The walls are being painted by them.
(B) The walls is painted by them.
(C) The walls are painting them.
(D) The walls are painted by them.




A






119. The box was dropped by the boy.
(A) The boy has dropped the box.
(B) The boy is dropping the box.
(C) The boy dropped the box.
(D) The boy drops the box.




C






120. She learns music.
(A) Music is being learnt by her.
(B) Music is learnt by her.
(C) Music was learnt by her.
(D) Music was being learnt by her.



B


#SPEECH

176. “What a stupid fellow you are !” she
remarked.
(A) She exclaimed that what a stupid fellow
he was
(B) She exclaimed that he was a very stupid
fellow
(C) She exclaimed in disgust how he could
be so stupid
(D) She asked him what a stupid fellow he
was



B










177. The police said to the thief. “Don’t move.”
(A) The police ordered the thief not to move
(B) The police ordered the thief that he
should not move
(C) The police told the thief that he did not
move
(D) The police ordered to the thief to not
move




A








178. He said, “I am going to college just now.”
(A) He said that he ‘was going to college
just now
(B) He asked that he was going to college
just then
(C) He said that he was going to college just
then
(D) He asked that he was going to college
just now




C














179. The teacher said to the student “Can you
explain this?”
(A) The teacher asked the student whether
he can explain this
(B) The teacher asked the student whether
he can explain this
(C) The teacher asked the student whether
he could explain this
(D) The teacher asked the student
whether he could explain that.









D







180. Ramu said, “My master is planning to build
a huge house is Khandala.”
(A) Ramu said that his master planned to
build a huge house in Khandala
(B) Ramu said that his master is planning
to build a huge house in Khandala
(C) Ramu said that his master’s plan is to
build a huge house in Khandala
(D) Ramu said that his master was
planning to build a huge house in
Khandala






D







181. Nandita said to Nitin. “Can you solve this
sum ?”
(A) Nandita asked Nitin if could he solve
this sum
(B) Nandita asked Nitin if could he solve
that sum
(C) Nandita asked Nitin if he could solve
this sum
(D) Nandita asked Nitin if he could solve
that sum






D





182. He said, “How lovely the scene is"
(A) He exclaimed that the scene is very
lovely
(B) He exclaimed that how the scene was
lovely
(C) He exclaimed that the scene was very
lovely
(D) He exclaimed that the scene is indeed
lovely







C





183. Bill said, “I am here to help you all.”
(A) Bill said that he is here to help you all
(B) Bill said that he was there to help us
all
(C) Bill said that he was here to help us all
(D) Bill said that he is there to help us all







B








184. The kids yelled in a loud voice, “We love
our family.”
(A) The kids yelled loudly that they love our
family
(B) The kids yelled in a loud voice that they
loved their family
(C) The kyds yelled in a loud voice that they
loved our family
(D) The kids were shouting loudly that they
loved their family




B














185. He said to me. “Please visit my company
tomorrow”
(A) He said to me to visit his company
tomorrow
(B) He requested me to visit his company
tomorrow
(C) He requested me to visit his company
the next day
(D) He said to me to visit his company the
next day




C










186. He said, “My parents are arriving tomorrow”.
(A) He said that his parents are arriving
the next day
(B) He said that his parents were arriving
the next day
(C) He said that his parents are arriving
tomorrow
(D) He said that his parents have arrived
the next day






B







187. He said, “How cruel of him !”.
(A) He remarked that it was very cruel of
him
(B) He remarked on his great cruelty
(C) He remark that it was very cruel of him
(D) He remarked that it is very cruel of him







A





188. “How did it get here ?” She wanted to know.
(A) She wanted to know how did it get here
(B) She wanted to know how it had got there
(C) She wanted to know how did it got there
(D) She wanted to know how it get there






B






189. “You are one of Pinkerton’s men, I presume,”
he said.
(A) He said that he presumed me one of
Pinkerton’s men
(B) He said that he presumed that I was
one of Pinkerton’s men
(C) He said that he presumed me as one of
Pinkerton’s men
(D) He said that he presumes that I am one
of Pinkerton’s men




B











190. “Away !” she said to the man, “do not trouble
your family anymore”.
(A) She asked the man to go away and not
trouble the family any more
(B) She asked the man not to trouble the
family that was away, any more
(C) She asked the man not to trouble your
family anymore and go away
(D) She asked the man to go away and not
trouble his family any more




D













191. He asked me. “Have you finished reading
the magazine ?”
(A) He asked me whether I had finished
reading the magazine
(B) He asked me if had I finished reading
the magazine
(C) He asked me if I have finished reading
the magazine
(D) He asked me whether I finished
leadeng the magazine







A






192. He said, “We have done our work.”
(A) He said that he had done his work
(B) He said that they have done their work
(C) He said that they had done their work
(D) He said that they should do their work








C




193. He said that he had been waiting there for
a long time.
(A) He said, “I have been waiting here for
a long time.”
(B) He said, “He has been waiting here for
a long time.”
(C) He said, “He has been waiting there for
a long time.”
(D) He said, “I am waiting here for a long
time.”




A










194. “Please, take me to the officer,” said the
visitor.
(A) The visitor requested them to take him
to the officer
(B) The visitor told them to take him to the
officer
(C) The visitor requested for the officer to
be taken
(D) The visitor wanted the officer to take
him there




A







195. Nitin said, ."What a pleasant atmosphere
this place has !”
(A) Nitin exclaimed with joy that that place
was a pleasant atmosphere
(B) Nitin exclaimed with joy that was a
pleasant atmosphere in that place
(C) Nitin exclaimed with joy that that place
had a pleasant I atmosphere
(D) Nitin exclaimed with joy that I what a
pleasant atmosphere that place had





C








196. Aarati said, “I am in a hurry today.”
(A) Aarati said that she was in a hurry that
day
(B) Aarati said that 1 am in a huriy today
(C) Aarati said that she is in a hurry today
(D) Aarati said that she is in a hurry that
day





A





197. They said, “We are practising for the next
match.”
(A) They said that they are practising for
the next match
(B) They said that they practised for the
next match
(C) They said that they were practising for
the next match
(D) They said they were going to practise
for the next match







C



198. He said, “Long may you live"
(A) He suggested that my life might be long
(B) He prayed that my life might be long
(C) He prayed that my life may be longer
(D) He declared that my life is longer









B



199. “When did you meet my brother ?” She
asked me.
(A) She wanted to know when did I meet
her brother
(B) She asked when did I meet my brother
(C) She asked me when I had met her
brother
(D) She wants to know when I had met my
brother





C








200. Ruby requested me to lend her
` 1000 the
next day.
(A) Ruby said to me. Please lend me
` 1000
the next day.”
(B) Ruby said to me. “Please lend her
` 1000
the next day.”
(C) Ruby said to me. “Please lend her
` 1000
tomorrow.”
(D) Ruby said to me. “Please lend me
` 1000
tomorrow.”



 D

1 comment: