English Narration Quiz for ssc part-1

#Everydayquiz #ssc #bank #narration 
“Call the first witness”, said the Judge.
(a) The judge commanded to call the first witness.
(b) The judge commanded them to call the first witness.
(c) The judge commanded that the first witness be called.
(d) The judge commanded the first witness to be called.




B


The queen said to her son, “You must go to the forest and remain there till your
father calls you back.”
(a) The queen ordered her son to go to the forest and remain there till his father
calls him back.
(b) The queen told her son that he must go to the forest and remain there till his
father called him back.
(c) The queen told his son that you must go to the forest and remain there till your
father called you back.
(d) The queen told her son to go to the forest and remained there till his father
called him back

B


I said to her, “All your faults will be pardoned if you confess them.”
(a) I told her that all her faults will be pardoned if you confess them.
(b) I told her that all her faults would be pardoned if she confessed them.
(c) I told her that all her faults will have to be pardoned if she confessed them.
(d) I told her that all her faults would have to be pardoned if she confessed them

B


He said to Sita, “When do you intend to pay back the money you borrowed from me?”
(a) He enquired Sita when did she intend to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
(b) He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.
(c) He enquired Sita when she intended to pay back the money she had borrowed
from him.
(d) He enquired when Sita intended to pay back the money she borrowed from him.

C


Let’s give a party”, said Jaya.
“Let’s not”, said her husband.
(a) Jaya suggested giving a party but her husband answered in the negative.
(b) Jaya suggested giving a party but her husband opposed the idea.
(c) Jaya suggested giving a party but her husband contradicted her.
(d) Jaya suggested giving a party but her husband refused

B



The old man of Latur said, “Alas! my only son is dead.”
(a) The old man of Latur exclaimed with sorrow that his only son was dead.
(b) The old man of Latur told with pain that his only son was dead.
(c) The old man of Lature expressed with anguish that his only son was dead.
(d) The old man of Latur sorrowfully narrated that his only son was dead.
A


She said to the girl, “Did you do this ?”
(a) She asked the girl that she did that.
(b) She asked the girl if she did that.
(c) She asked the girl if she had done that.
(d) She told the girl that she had done that

C


“Many happy returns of your birthday”, we said.
(a) We greeted him on his birthday.
(b) We said that many happy returns of your birthday.
(c) We wished him many happy returns of his birthday.
(d) We prayed for many happy returns of his birthday.

C


“Doctor”, the patient cried, “please tell me how much time I have.”
(a) The patient pleaded the doctor how much time he will have.
(b) The patient exclaimed to the doctor that how much time he had.
(c) The patient pleaded with the doctor to tell him how much time he had.
(d) The patient cried to the doctor that how much time had he

C


“So help me Heaven!” he cried, “I never steal again.”
(a) He wanted Heaven to help him so that he would never steal again.
(b) She exclaimed to heaven that he would never steal again.
(c) He exclaimed heaven to help him that he would never steal again.
(d) He called upon heaven to witness his resolve never to steal again

D



She said, “I’ll give you Rs. 100/- to keep your mouth shut.”
(a) She said that she would give him Rs. 100/- to keep his mouth shut.
(b) She offered him Rs. 100/- to keep his mouth shut.
(c) She suggested to him that she would give him Rs. 100/- to keep his mouth shut.
(d) She proposed that she would give him Rs. 100/- to keep his mouth shut

A



From one of the windows of my flat I can see the Qutub Minar’, said my friend.
(a) My friend told that from one of the windows of his flat he could see the Qutub Minar.
(b) My friend said that from one of the windows of his flat he can see the Qutub Minar.
(c) My friend said that from one of the windows of his flat he could see the Qutub Minar.
(d) My friend told that from one of the windows of his flat he can see the Qutub Minar.

C


The teacher said to the student, “Why were you absent yesterday?”
(a) The teacher asked the student why had been he absent the previous day.
(b) The teacher asked the student why had he been absent the previous day.
(c) The teacher informed the student that why he had been absent the next day.
(d) The teacher asked the student why he had been absent the previous day.

D



The teacher said to Ashok, “I shall report the matter to the Principal if you
misbehave again.”
(a) The teacher told Ashok that he would be reporting the matter to the Principal if
he misbehaved again.
(b) The teacher warned Ashok that he would report the matter to the Principal if
he misbehaved again.
(c) The teacher threatened Ashok to report the matter to the Principal if he
misbehave again.
(d) The teacher cautioned Ashok about reporting the matter to the Principal if he
misbehaved again

B



“Fi! A soldier and afraid of fighting!” said Babar.
(a) Babar exclaimed with surprise that a soldier should be afraid of fighting.
(b) Addressing a soldier, Babar cursed him that he should be afraid of fighting.
(c) Babar cursed the soldier who was afraid of fighting.
(d) Babar cursed and exclaimed that a soldier should not be afraid of fighting

D




The teacher said to Ram, “Would you like to go on a trip to Kashmir?”
Ram said, “Yes.”
(a) The teacher asked if Ram would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes.
(b) The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram replied yes.
(c) The teacher asked Ram if he would have like to go on a trip to Kashmir and
Ram replied in the affirmative.
(d) The teacher asked Ram if he would like to go on a trip to Kashmir and Ram
replied in the affirmative.

D



Everybody said, “How well she sings!”
(a) Everybody told us that she sings very well.
(b) Everybody exclaimed that she sings very well.
(c) Everybody exclaimed that she sang very well.
(d) Everybody told us that how she sang very well

C



Suppose your children go out for a nice long walk”, she said.
(a) She proposed that his children went out for a nice long walk.
(b) She advised that his children go out for a nice long walk .
(c) She suggested that his children go out for a nice long walk.
(d) She suggested that his children should go out for a nice long walk.

A


I said, “When it gets dark, light the lantern and hang it out.”
(a) I said that when it got dark he light the lantern and hung it out.
(b) I requested that when it got dark he may light the lantern and hang it out.
(c) I said that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hung it out.
(d) I said that when it got dark he should light the lantern and hang it out.

D



“Do as you wish, but don’t come and ask me for help if you get into difficulties.”,
He said to me
(a) He told me to do as he wished or he wouldn’t come and help me if I got into difficulties.
(b) He told me to do as I wished, but not to come and ask him for help if I got into difficulties.
(c) He ordered me to do as I wished, but not to come and ask him for help if I got
into difficulties.
(d) He told me that unless I did as I wished he would not come and help me if I got
into difficulties.
B


“May you live long and prosper”, said the old lady to her son.
(a) The old lady blessed her son with long life and wished him prosperity.
(b) The old lady prayed for her son’s long life and prosperity.
(c) The old lady prayed for her son and said that he might live long and prosper.
(d) The old lady blessed her son and prayed for his long life and prosperity

C



Socrates said, “Virtue is its own reward.”
(a) Socrates said that virtue had its own rewards.
(b) Socrates says that virtue is its own reward.
(c) Socrates said that virtue is its own reward.
(d) Socrates said that virtue was its own reward

C


He said to the interviewer, “Could you please repeat the question?”
(a) He requested the interviewer if he could please repeat the question.
(b) He requested the interviewer to please repeat the question.
(c) He requested the interviewer to repeat the question.
(d) He requested the interviewer if he could repeat the question.

C



He said, “It used to be a lovely, quiet street.”
(a) He said that it used to be a lovely, quiet street.
(b) He pointed out that it had used to be a lovely, quiet street.
(c) He said that there used to be a lovely, quiet street.
(d) He inquired whether there was a lovely, quiet street

A



The Prime Minister said that no one would be allowed to disturb the peace.
(a) The Prime Minister said, “We shall not allow any one to disturb the peace.”
(b) The Prime Minister said, “We would not allow any one to disturb the peace.”
(c) The Prime Minister said, “No one will disturb the peace.”
(d) The Prime Minister said, “No one can disturb the peace.”

A



The spectators said, “Bravo ! Well done, players.”
(a) The spectators shouted that the players were doing very well.
(b) The spectators exclaimed with joy that the players were doing very well.
(c) The spectators applauded the players saying that they had done well.
(d) The spectators applauded the players joyfully to do well

C



I said to my friend, “Good Morning.Let us go for a picnic today.”
(a) I told good morning to my friend and asked to go for a picnic that day.
(b) I wished my friend good morning and proposed that we should go for a picnic that day.
(c) I wished my friend good morning and proposed that they should go for a picnic
that day.
(d) I told good morning to my friend and suggested to go for a picnic today
B



The new student asked the old one, “Do you know my name?”
(a) The new student asked the old one if he knew his name.
(b) The new student asked the old one that whether he knew his names.
(c) The new student asked the old one did he know his name.
(d) The new student asked the old one if he knows his name.

A



I warned her that I could no longer tolerate her coming late.
(a) I said to her, “You can no longer tolerate my coming late.”
(b) I said to her, “I can no longer tolerate your coming late.”
(c) I said to her, “He can no longer tolerate her coming late”.
(d) I said to her, “I can no longer tolerate she coming late.”

B


I said to my mother, “I will certainly take you to Bangalore this week.”
(a) I told my mother he would certainly take her to Bangalore that week.
(b) I told my mother that I would certainly take her to Bangalore that week.
(c) I told my mother that she would certainly take her to Bangalore that week.
(d) I told to my mother that I would take you to Bangalore that week.

B


“How clever of you to have solved the puzzle so quickly!” said the mother.
(a) The mother exclaimed admiringly that it was very clever of him to have solved
the puzzle so quickly.
(b) The mother expressed that he was so clever to have solved the puzzle quickly.
(c) The mother told that he was very clever in solving the puzzle so quickly.
(d) The mother exclaimed with joy that he was clever enough to solve the puzzle so quickly

A



He said that he went for a walk every morning.
(a) He said, “I went for a walk every morning”.
(b) He said, “I go for a walk every morning”.
(c) He said, “I will go for a walk morning”.
(d) He said, “he went for a walk every morning”.

A


I reiterated, “I don’t care about the job”.
(a) I reiterated I didn’t care about the job.
(b) I said again and again I didn’t care about the job.
(c) I reiterated that I did not care about the job.
(d) I repeatedly said that I cared about the job.

C



I said to my brother, “Let us go to some hill station for a change.”
(a) I suggested to my brother that they should go to some hill station for a change.
(b) I suggested to my brother that we should go to some hill station for a change.
(c) I suggested to my brother that let us go to some hill station for a change.
(d) I suggested to my brother that let them go to some hill station for a change.

B


I wondered how many discoveries went unheeded.
(a) I said, “How many discoveries have gone unheeded?”
(b) I said, “How many discoveries went unheeded?”
(c) I said, “Do discoveries go unheeded?”
(d) I said, “How many discoveries go unheeded?”
D


Gopan said to me, “Can you do these sums for me?”
(a) Gopan asked me if I could do those sums for him.
(b) Gopan asked me if I can do those sums for him.
(c) Gopan asked me if I can do those sums for him.
(d) Gopan asked if I could do these sums for him

A


The boss said, “It’s time we began planning our work”.
(a) The boss said that it was time they had begun planning their work.
(b) The boss said that it was time we had began planning our work.
(c) The boss said that it was time they began planning their work.
(d) The boss said that it was time we began planning his work.

A



He said to the judge, “I did not commit this crime.”
(a) He told the judge that he did not commit the crime.
(b) The told the judge that he had not committed the crime.
(c) He told the judge that he had not committed that crime.
(d) He told the judge that he had not committed this crime

C



Rahul said, “I will do it now or never”.
(a) Rahul said that he will do it now or never.
(b) Rahul said that he will now or never do it.
(c) Rahul said that he would do it then or never.
(d) Rahul said that he would now or never do it

C



My father once said to me, “If I can’t trust my people, then I don’t want to be
doing this.”
(a) His father once told him that if he couldn’t trust his people then he didn’t want
to be doing that.
(b) My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust his people then he didn’t want to
be doing that.
(c) My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust my people then he didn’t want to
be doing that.
(d) My father once told me that if he couldn’t trust his people then he didn’t want to
be doing this.

B







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this.
    Chanakya Defence Group, Pathankot is known as the best institute for NDA Coaching in Center Pathankot.
    NDA Coaching in Kapurthala

    ReplyDelete